AffordableSchools.net, an independent college search and rankings site that centers on unique and affordable offerings within higher education, has released a ranking of 15 of the Most Affordable Bachelor’s Degrees in Networking and Network Administration.
Utah Valley University (Orem, Utah) leads the list, with Florida State College at Jacksonville (Jacksonville, Florida) and National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Rapid City, South Dakota) placing second and third, respectively.
The full list of colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, is as follows:
* Alcorn State University (Lorman, Mississippi)
* Bellevue University (Bellevue, Nebraska)
* Dakota State University (Madison, South Dakota)
* Florida State College at Jacksonville (Jacksonville, Florida)
* Herzing University-Kenosha (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
* Miles College (Fairfield, Alabama)
* National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Rapid City, South Dakota)
* Northern Michigan University (Marquette, Michigan)
* SUNY College of Technology at Alfred (Alfred, New York)
* University of Minnesota-Crookston (Crookston, Minnesota)
* University of Phoenix-Arizona (Phoenix, Arizona)
* Utah Valley University (Orem, Utah)
* Virginia College-Birmingham (Birmingham, Alabama)
* Weber State University (Ogden, Utah)
* Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, Utah)
According to Raj Dash, lead researcher on the piece, “Job opportunities in Networking/ Networking Administration between 2012 to 2022 will be lower than for computer programming but higher than average. We wanted to help students interested in finding bachelor’s programs in Networking/ Networking Administration.” Based on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Networking-related job opportunities will grow 12-15%, compared to the 11% average rate for all occupations in the USA in the same duration.
Rankings for this list were compiled using college data from NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). Using NCES’s College Navigator online service, AffordableSchools.net queried for all institutions of higher education in the United States that offer a bachelor’s degree in Networking, Network Administration or similar, sorted by NCES’ listed “yearly net average price,” filtered out defunct/ soon-to-be defunct colleges, schools with no net price, schools with no actual program (bad data), and verified programs. This list is part of an ongoing series about affordable bachelor’s degrees.
AffordableSchools.net (http://www.affordableschools.net) is an independent college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs within higher education. It publishes a number of rankings series focusing on affordable bachelor’s degrees (various topics), affordable bachelor’s degree colleges by state, affordable online degree programs, resource lists and much more. The site is designed to make your college search easier.