Online business education and career guide, Top Management Degrees, has published a ranking of the fifty best schools for Online Master’s degrees in Public Administration. This ranking combines the results of two of the most influential higher education rankings in order to give a well rounded ranking of the programs available.
This data was additionally calculated with each school’s average graduate school tuition and average early career salary to factor in an ROI on the master’s program. Finally, each school was ranked on an accreditation from the NASPAA, the highest recognized global accrediting body of master’s degree programs in the fields of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration.
Based on the most recent data from The Princeton Review, U.S. News & World Report, The National Center for Education and Statistics, and PayScale’s Graduate School Salary Report, the ranking lists the University of Southern California Sol Price School of Public Policy at the top, followed by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Government and Northeastern University College of Social Sciences and Humanities, respectively.
Other schools making the list include:
- American University School of Public Affairs — Washington, District of Columbia
- Arizona State University School of Public Affairs — Phoenix, Arizona
- Ashford University Forbes School of Business — San Diego, California
- Bellevue University College of Business — Bellevue, Nebraska
- California Baptist University Online and Professional Studies — Riverside, California
- California State University-Dominguez Hills College of Business Administration & Public Policy — Carson, California
- California State University-San Bernardino College of Business & Public Administration — San Bernardino, CA
- Eastern Kentucky University College of Arts and Sciences — Richmond, Kentucky
- Florida Gulf Coast University College of Arts and Sciences — Fort Myers, Florida
- Florida Institute of Technology College of Extended Studies — Melbourne, Florida
- Florida International University College of Arts and Sciences — Miami, Florida
- Franklin University College of Health and Public Administration — Columbus, Ohio
- Gannon University College of Engineering and Business — Erie, Pennsylvania
- Georgia College & State University College of Arts and Sciences — Milledgeville, Georgia
- Golden Gate University Edward S. Ageno School of Business — San Francisco, California
- Kent State University College of Arts and Sciences — Kent, Ohio
- Liberty University Helms School of Government — Lynchburg, Virginia
- Marist College School of Management — Poughkeepsie, New York
- Marywood University College of Health and Human Services — Scranton, Pennsylvania
- National University School of Professional Studies — La Jolla, California
- Northern Michigan University College of Health Sciences and Professional Studies — Marquette, Michigan
- Norwich University College of Graduate and Continuing Studies — Northfield, Vermont
- Nova Southeastern University H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship — Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Old Dominion University Strome College of Business — Norfolk, Virginia
- Pennsylvania State University–World Campus School of Public Affairs — University Park, Pennsylvania
- Regent University Robertson School of Government — Virginia Beach, Virginia
- San Diego State University College of Extended Studies — San Diego, California
- Southern Utah University College of Humanities & Social Sciences — Cedar City, Utah
- Strayer University Graduate School — Washington, District of Columbia
- Texas A&M International University College of Arts and Sciences — Laredo, Texas
- Thomas Edison State College Watson School of Public Service & Continuing Studies — Trenton, New Jersey
- Troy University College of Arts & Sciences — Troy, Alabama
- University of Colorado Denver School of Public Affairs — Denver, Colorado
- University of Illinois–Springfield College of Public Affairs and Administration — Springfield, Illinois
- University of Michigan–Dearborn Horace H. Rackham College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters — Dearborn, Michigan
- University of Missouri Truman School of Public Affairs — Columbia, Missouri
- University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Public Affairs & Community Service — Omaha, Nebraska
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke School of Graduate Studies and Research — Pembroke, North Carolina
- University of North Dakota College of Business & Public Administration — Grand Forks, North Dakota
- University of Pennsylvania Fels Institute of Government — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- University of San Francisco School of Management — San Francisco, California
- University of South Dakota College of Arts and Sciences — Vermillion, South Dakota
- University of South Florida College of Graduate Studies — Tampa, Florida
- University of Texas at Arlington Distance Education Center — Arlington, Texas
- Valdosta State University College of Arts & Sciences — Valdosta, Georgia
- Villanova University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences — Villanova, Pennsylvania
- Walden University School of Public Policy & Administration — Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Public Administration is a complex field that mixes business, policies, and public impact,” states Tammie Cagle, Editor of Top Management Degrees. Cagle explains that government and nonprofit organizations are looking for, “efficient, effective, and mission-driven leaders. These leaders must have the efficient and effective skills to lead businesses and people, the ethical and political skills to manage public policies, and the democratic skills to bring about positive sustainable change for the greater public. An online master’s degree in Public Administration can provide the critical preparation for upcoming public and nonprofit leaders and flexible enough to fit into the complex schedules of today’s professionals.”
Top Management Degrees is an independent online resource for information about business and management education and careers. The site publishes rankings and reviews of top business and management degree programs, financial aid options for business students, career guides, and more.
Are you an Employer?
Stop Searching, Start Hiring! Post Your Jobs FREE at Tavorro.com and Get Matched with Top Talent Today!
Are you a Job Seeker?
View and Apply for Jobs and Open Internships by Creating Your FREE Tavorro.com Career Profile Today!